With a special emphasis on holistic development, we value students who are intellectually curious and creative. We mentor them towards attaining Academic excellence with co-curricular activities, and responsibility towards the environment integrated into the learning process. The efforts are to remain abreast with the latest in the field of education, keeping the academic program contemporary and rigorous at all times.
Co-Curricular, Extra Curricular Activities
Activities such as Games and sports, Fancy Dress Competition, Celebration of National Days, Children’s Day, Teachers’ Day, Drawing Competitions, Essay Competitions, Debating, Computer Quiz competitions, Elocution Contests, Science Exhibitions, Recitation Competition and Song and Drama competitions play an important role in developing the personality of the children at Sharon’s Public School.
Value Education and Life Skills
The school strongly believes that the proper Intelligence Quotient (IQ) is possible only with proper training in Value Education and Emotional Maturity. The teachers are encouraged to teach values of life while teaching their respective subjects.
- The school uses the right mix of academics, curricular and extra-curricular activities to equip children to deal with the pressures of life in a constructive and positive manner. The teachers facilitate and ensure full classroom participation in all the school and classroom activities.
- Formal classroom instruction is combined with project work, research based assignments and hands on classroom activity to make the teaching of the subject stimulating. Thus the teaching methodology helps generate excitement and interest, so that students are encouraged to expand their horizons, to explore and analyse and to think independently.
Social and Physical Training
Intramural games and sports are conducted to give maximum opportunity to every boy and girl to develop his/her student talents for leadership, sportsmanship and team spirit. Principles of trust, co-operation, self-reliance, hard work and honesty are inculcated in great measure through co-curricular activities in the school.
Students are encouraged to develop good communication skills as they progress to the senior classes and as a result are able to hold their own, even in the most competitive of environments.
- Sports meets provide the perfect outlet for the talented children to display their skills.
- Daily assemblies and the celebration of ‘special days’ are used to inculcate a secular mindset by informing and educating children about other cultures and religions.
- The school regularly organizes special seminars for students and their parents on topics and themes that address major challenges and issues of the day.
- The students of Sharon’s Public School, past and present, are regular newsmakers, be it for their academic performance, their triumphs on the sports field or their artistic abilities.